The Wellington International Pride Parade (WIPP) takes place on Saturday 7th March 2020. We are running a competition for all shops, bars/restaurants and office buildings/establishments on or near Wellington’s Golden Mile to get into the spirit of pride and celebrate and acknowledge the Wellington rainbow community by decorating their street window frontage.
You could use rainbow flags or any other theme that you design with a focus on the rainbow community. You may also represent the theme for the 2020 parade of “WATER; Dive into your Pride | TE WAI; Tō Mana. Whakarukuhia!”.
This represents a great opportunity for your business to stand out during the Wellington Pride Festival, which takes place from 21st February – 8th March.
For the purposes on this competition, the golden mile is considered Lambton Quay, Willis St (to Manners), Cuba St / Mall, Manners St and Courtenay Place.
A 2-night stay for you and a loved one at Peppers Parehua in Martinborough, including breakfast, with the use of a luxury vehicle and a tank of petrol from Armstrong Prestige Wellington for the period of the stay.
An extensive sample pack of NZ’s newest range of sugar free & low sugar soft drinks and juices – all NZ made from Kiwi Beverage Co. You’ll enjoy the great tastes from brands like Frutee – Fabulous Fruits, Tiki Energy, Dirty Dog, Rio Gold, Crazy Kea, Kiwi Fizzy & more. With over 60 different products, there’s plenty to quench your thirst and excite your taste buds this summer.
1. Register your entry on the wipp.nz “Paint the Town Rainbow” competition page by 14 February
2. We will then send you a decal to display in your window acknowledging your support of the Wellington International Pride Parade
3. Have your shop front entry completed by 5pm, Monday 21 February
4. Designs will be judged from Tuesday 22 February to Sunday 8 March
5. Winners to be announced Monday 10 March 2020 on our Facebook page
*We understand the requirements to enter our business / location in the competition and acknowledge that the Judges decisions are final. No prizes can be exchanged for cash nor can the prizes be on-sold.